September 10, 2016
Boy Scout California Patrol Box
“Keep on Scouting!”
Sept 22-24 & Oct 13-15, 2016
- In 1919 Lord Robert Baden-Powell developed and organized a training program for adult leaders that became known as Wood Badge. It is the advanced leadership training for adult leaders in any of the scouting programs. For most Scouters it’s one of the highlights of their scouting career.
- Learn the secrets that all leaders know and use to make leading and team building easy and enjoyable. How? By attending Wood Badge, where these skills will be taught using the latest techniques in a troop setting using the patrol method of developing leadership and team building skills. The training will be intensive, but FUN!
- What type of Wood Badge course? This is a two 3-day segment course that runs from Thursday morning through Saturday afternoon to complete the full 6 days of program.
- Where and when is the course offered? At Camp McConnell, California, Greater Yosemite Council’s Scout Camp near Livingston, CA. The Course is planned for two 3-day segments, Sept 22-24 and Oct 13-15, 2016.
- Who is invited to attend? All Scouting leaders 18 years and older who are registered with the Boy Scouts of America for: Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, Varsity Scouting or Venturing, including Committee members of all of the above and charter partners, council and district members, and council’s professional staff. Participants should be position trained (for clarification of what this entails, contact the Council office: (209)545-6320) and be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. All participants are required to complete the Annual Health and Medical Record form.
- What is the cost? The cost is $240 per person, which includes all meals, a participant’s neckerchief, and upon completion of your ticket the full Wood Badge regalia consisting of neckerchief, woggle, and beads.
- How do I make my reservation to attend? Fill out the bottom portion of the reservation form and mail it into the Greater Yosemite Council office along with a $50 deposit, OR register online. This will reserve a place for you on the course. Scouters are invited from all Northern California Councils. Our goal is to have a full contingent of 48 Scouters. Reservations will be confirmed by date of received deposit.
Share this article
July 3, 2016
May 9, 2016
April 30, 2017